I'm always adding new articles because I have found so much good stuff to share that you will surely find of great use to you and your family and friends. Much of what I share involves getting back to the basics and doing for ourselves. Simply click the above image to see the latest of the greatest finds.

I'm big into DIY projects and finding ways to improve things, saving time and money. Quite frankly, I'm tired of paying for overpriced junk and for other people's mistakes. If I'm going to pay for anyone's mistakes, they should be my own. If you agree, then click the above image for all sorts of ingenious ideas.

There's a plethora of stuff and information that I've found to share and I like to feature my favorites for quick and easy future reference -- for myself as well as all of you. Some I've already tried myself and will do again; some I am looking forward to trying. Just click the above image to see what I've added to my faves list.

Saturday, January 24, 2015

USDA Plant Hardiness Zones - Regional Maps

Since we're just getting started on our Regional Gardening by Month series, I thought it would be a good idea to provide color-coded regional maps for the USDA Plant Hardiness Zones. Since Alaska and Hawaii have such drastically different weather patterns than the Lower 48, I will only be covering the Lower 48 in the series.

In each article of the series, I will link to this page so you can easily refer to it if you're unsure which zone you're in. If you would like to search for your zone by zip code, you can do so directly on the USDA's site by simply clicking the link and entering your zip code in the box provided at the top left of the page. Both pages will open in a new window so you can easily find your way back to the blog article you were on.

For a quick overview of the different zones, refer to the following chart which shows the zones by their Average Annual Minimum Temperature:


Northwest Region
Zones 3a to 9a

North Central Region
Zones 3a to 7b

Northeast Region
Zones 3a to 8a

Southwest Region
Zones 3b to 11a

South Central Region
Zones 6a to 10a

Southeast Region
Zones 5b to 11a


No comments :

Post a Comment