I'm always adding new articles because I have found so much good stuff to share that you will surely find of great use to you and your family and friends. Much of what I share involves getting back to the basics and doing for ourselves. Simply click the above image to see the latest of the greatest finds.

I'm big into DIY projects and finding ways to improve things, saving time and money. Quite frankly, I'm tired of paying for overpriced junk and for other people's mistakes. If I'm going to pay for anyone's mistakes, they should be my own. If you agree, then click the above image for all sorts of ingenious ideas.

There's a plethora of stuff and information that I've found to share and I like to feature my favorites for quick and easy future reference -- for myself as well as all of you. Some I've already tried myself and will do again; some I am looking forward to trying. Just click the above image to see what I've added to my faves list.

Monday, July 15, 2013

Easy Crockpot Recipe: New Potatoes, Green Beans & Ham

This crockpot recipe is so wonderful and easy to make! It contains three of my favorite foods and will have your house smelling so good while it cooks that your mouth will be watering the whole time you wait!

Carole in Orlando, Florida, posted this recipe on Food.com and says she once had no broth, so mixed a packet of Lipton's Garlic and Herb soup with 4 cups of water and it "really added richness to the broth." Fix a batch of cornbread and you have some good down home comfort food. Oh, and did I mention it was easy to make?!? You betcha!


Prep Time: 15 mins Total Time: 8 hrs 15 mins Servings: 6-8
Ingredients

8 red potatoes, scrubbed and halved 2 cups ham, cut into bite sized pieces
1 16-oz. pkg frozen green beans (or fresh) vegetable or chicken broth
1 large onion, cut into about 8 wedges salt and pepper to taste

Directions
  1. Add all the ingredients to the crockpot, cover, and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours (or on high for about 6 hours).
  2. This may also be cooked in a dutch oven on the stove, but you'll need more broth. The crockpot makes broth as it cooks, so doesn't need as much. Use your own judgment on the amount of broth.
  3. Serve with fresh, sliced tomatoes and corn bread for a great Southern meal.
See! Told you that was easy!
Now ya just gotta wait for it. That's the hard part!
Hehehe =)


Recipe from Carole in Orlando, Florida

No comments :

Post a Comment